The cafeteria is in the Ground floor, eastern wing. At present, it has a sitting capacity of 98 persons. It is open to only university
teachers and officers and their guests. Working lunch at a subsidized price is being served on working days between 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Refreshments are available during working hours.
The cafeteria can be booked for lunch and dinner, for which special menu is available. Clients are also served with dishes according to their choice at a negotiated price. Buffet can be arranged for up to 120 persons. Party Lunch for more than 50 persons can be arranged only after 2:00 p.m. For 30 persons or more, an additional service charge of 10% is charged.
- The Cafeteria Hall should be reserved at least 48 hours before the occasion (seminar, workshop, social welfare & association's meetings) and the hall rent should be paid in advance by cash/cheque at the time of reservation.
- The client may cancel the reservation by a notice to the CARS authority before 24 hours of the occasion; otherwise, the paid hall rent will be forfeited. On the other hand, the authority reserves the right to accept or not accept or cancel the reservation on any reason at any time without any question.
- The client must pay 40% of total food bill in advance by cash/cheque at the time of reservation if required, and rest of the bill with the catering service charge will be paid in cash/cheque during the occasion. Foods from outsides are not allowed on in the cafeteria hall on weekdays.
- The function must be started after 2:30 pm, if the number of participants is more than 50 and should be finished before 11:00 pm; otherwise, BDT 1,000.00 will be charged per hour or it's fraction of delay. If the participants are less than 50 the function may be started before 2:30 pm along with the general food consumers of the cafeteria on a weekday.
- The guests will be allowed to use the entrance of the cafeteria (CARS-001) and/or to use the entries of the staircase in the eastern side of the building.
List of Foods and Beverages
|1||RP-A||Plain rice, chicken curry, vegetables, mashed potato, pulse soup & salad.||100|
|2||RP-B||Plain rice, fish curry, vegetables, mashed potato, pulse soup & salad.||100|
|3||RP-C||Plain rice, beef curry, vegetables, mashed potato, pulse soup & salad.||150|
|4||RP-D||Plain rice, mutton curry, vegetables, mashed potato, pulse soup & salad.||180|
|5||RP-E||Khichuri (hotchpotch) , chicken curry, fried brinjal (1 slice) & salad.||100|
|6||RP-F||Fried rice, fried chicken (2 pcs) & Chinese vegetables.||150|
|7||RP-G||Plain Polaw, beef curry & fried brinjal (1 slice) & salad.||160|
|8||RP-H||Roti (4 pcs)/Porata (2 pcs), egg, vegetables & pulse soup.||65|
|2||Appetizer||Cheese (2 slices)||50|
|3||Appetizer||Cashew Nut Salad||100|
|4||Main Dish||Roti (1 pc)||10|
|5||Main Dish||Parata (1 pc)||15|
|6||Main Dish||Plain Rice||25|
|7||Main Dish||Plain Polaw||35|
|8||Main Dish||Vegetable Polaw||80|
|9||Main Dish||Fried Rice||100|
|10||Main Dish||Morog Polaw||180|
|11||Main Dish||Tehari (beef)||220|
|12||Main Dish||Biriyani (beef)||250|
|13||Main Dish||Biriyani (mutton)||320|
|14||Mutton||Mutton Curry (2 pcs)||220|
|15||Mutton||Mutton Rezala (2 pcs)||220|
|16||Mutton||Mutton Masala (2 pcs)||220|
|17||Beef||Beef Kabab (Tikka/Jali)||80|
|22||Beef||Beef Kala Bhuna||200|
|24||Chicken||Chicken Roast (1/4)||150|
|25||Chicken||Chicken Curry (1/4)||150|
|29||Chicken||Fried Chicken (2 pcs)||170|
|30||Chicken||Fried Koji Chicken (2 pcs)||170|
|41||Pulses||Mixed pulse soup||20|
|43||Pulses||Bengal gram (bhuna)||35|
|44||Pulses||Bengal gram soup||35|
|45||Pulses||Green gram (Bhuna)||50|
|46||Vegetables||Fried Brinjal (1 pc)||20|
|51||Vegetables||Bitter gourd (fried)||70|
|52||Vegetables||Bottle gourd fish||80|
|55||Dessert||Ferni (rice pudding)||35|
|61||Juice & Beverage||Mineral water (local)||20|
|62||Juice & Beverage||Soft drinks (local)||20|
|63||Juice & Beverage||Coffee/Tea||20|
|64||Juice & Beverage||Borhani||40|
|65||Juice & Beverage||Fresh Fruit Juice||100|
|66||Soup & Snacks||Patties||65|
|67||Soup & Snacks||Thai/Corn soup||70|
Note: * Price depends on the company rates; ** manufacturing cost.
Regular Platter: Available from 12:30-2:30 pm on every day except the holiday of the University.
Special Menu: Options for the special occasion/party for the desirable time and date (except Friday) with prior reservation. Contact: Please contact the CARS Authority for reservation with the prescribed “Cafeteria Reservation Form”. The price of food and beverages can be revised as per decision of the authority from time to time.